Colllaborative Film Project Goals

cc image Chinon 8mm Movie Camera by SPDP

Core Film Production Roles

director

skill’s needed for this job

• have exceptional artistic vision and creative skills
  • have unerring commitment
  • have a deep passion for filmmaking
  • be a strong and confident leader
  • make decisions
  • delegate and collaborate with others
  • have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
  • inspire and motivate the team
  • have an extensive understanding of the entire filmmaking process, from both technical and creative points of view
  • work intensively for long hours
  • pay attention to detail
  • remain calm and think clearly under great pressure
  • have great self-belief
  • be determined to succeed

areas for further research

I feel that the role of the director is a great fit for me because I love being in a leading position when it comes to a wide scale project such as a movie because I love doing a wide range of jobs. And for that reason I feel that the director role would be great for me but one place where i struggle is working under pressure. If I am given a good amount of time and space doing a wide scale project is much easier it’s when I am put under pressure. The funny thing is that even when I am under pressure from something like a time constraint or having a load of stuff dumped on me towards the end of a project in the back of my head I know that I can still get everything done but for some reason when that type of pressure is put on my I stop thinking logically and start freaking out and in the end that is what slows me down and will make me fail in the end.

Graphic Artist

skill’s needed for this role

• understand graphics techniques, including fonts and calligraphy
  • have excellent knowledge of computer image manipulation and drawing software, e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
  • have effective communication skills
  • be able to work alone, and as part of a team
  • pay precise attention to detail
  • have creative flair

Areas for further research

I would say that I do have most of the technical skill needed to be a graphic artist. For years I have excelled at most major creative skills such as photoshop of just the ability to draw. Even though having those skills is great if you want to be a graphic artist you also have to be able to work with others effectively if you want to be efficient at that job and that is one area where I have had trouble in the past. Now I am not saying that I can’t successfully work with a group the fact is that I have before. The problem for me is that when I work with someone I tend to want to micromanage and have trouble to trusting my team members to do their part which is something that I need to work on if I want to be a successful graphic artist.

Skills and Interests in a Team

• someone who knows how to use most film equipment
  • someone who can help keep the project on task and on schedule
  • someone who has a extensive knowledge of adobe premiere and after affects
  • people who are focused and determined to achieve a goal
  • people who are willing to take on a wide rang of roles

I chose these skills to be in my team because I want to work with people who can stay focused and driven towards a goal and for that to happen you have to have certain skills. Now of course you can be determined and driven to a goal just by wanting to be but it helps if you have a skill set that aligns with that goal because you will have a set path on how to reach that goal.

Filmmaker Goals

The goals that I want to reach this year are very straight forward first I want to be able to tell a story that engages my audience and makes them feel connected to the story and characters on a human level. I also want to be able to create a new and amazing world that will draw in the audience and make them feel as if they are part of that world. The reason that I chose these as my goals is that my favorite movie Avatar is one of the few movies that has pulled this off in a compelling way. that is the reason that creating a thoughtful story is first on my list because with a lot of movies that create a new and original world they spend too much time on creating that world and not creating a good story. This is something that Avatar does well and it does it in a creative way by making the world a character itself and makes it a part of the story in a meaningful way.