Chocolate! Film Pre-Production

Summary

During the Pre production phase is when my job is the busiest because during this phase I am collaborating with every member of our production crew. during this specific cycle most of my time was spent with the sound designer as well as the cinematographer. My collaboration with the sound designer largely consisted of deciding how we should go about gathering the sounds we need and what sounds to have in each shot and what each shot should sound like. My collaboration with our cinematographer was made up of the two of us deciding how to block the scene in relation to how we wanted the camera to help tell the story.

Consultations with Production Team

On frames 5 and seven you will seen notes from me and the sound designer about muffling sound in frames 5-6 and the sound going back to normal in frame 7.

Also on the last frame we marked that we are going to need a chewing sound for that frame.

Throughout the story board you will see orange markings that have two the three letters and a number of seconds this was done by me and our cinematographer and they tell us what type of shot we are going to use as well as a general Idea of how long each shot needs to last.

This document was largely a collaboration  between me and the cinematographer so that we could accurately plan out the blocking of the scene as well as what the shot would look like.

Location scouting

had conversation with mr.Johnston about using conference room-b

scheduling

pre production

day one: form groups

day two: story boarding

day three: present story board

day four: revision story boarding

day five:blog post day

Production

day one: film or be filmed

day two: film or be filmed

day three: film or be filmed

day four: film or be filmed

day five:blog post day

post production

day one: ADR day

day two: ADR day

day three: editing

day four: editing

day five: blog post day

What I learned and Problems I Solved

During this post production phase we were introduced to a new way of organizing our production phases which provided may learning opportunities. Over all I feel that the most important thing that I learned during this phase of production was how to plan which may sound weird given that we have been doing this for a while now but this pre production phase went smoother than any before it and I believe that its due to the way we planned everything. The only real problem that I had to solve was that we needed a good shooting location but after talking to another one of my teachers I was able to reserve conference room – B for shooting.