A Day in My Life

Summary

In this project, I had to take a look at how I spent my time. How much of it do I spend doing one activity? And though I already knew most of how I spent my time, there were a few things that did surprise me. For example, I did know that much of my time was spent as down time. But I did not know just how much and I was shocked when I found out it takes up most of my day. I mentioned in my video that time you enjoy is not wasted time and that is the biggest thing that I learned during this project.

Font

Creative Commons image by hunter deloney at Flickr

Color Palette

Pie Chart

Script

Benjamin Hoff once said “You can’t save time, you can only spend it. But you can spend it wisely or foolishly”. We experience time in a linear fashion traveling through it one second at a time. We can chart each second each minute and each hour but somehow time manages to slip away from us and that is time we can never get back.

Because of that I have decided to chart a full 24 hours of my life and try and find those missing minutes.

We know that there are 24 hours a day and each one of those hours is 60 minutes and from that we know that there are one thousand four hundred and forty minutes in one day.

That seems like a lot of time to chart but you would be surprised at how much of that is spent doing one thing.

A large chunk of that can be easily identified. We spend 6 hours at school or at work which takes up most of our waking hours and we can also chart another 8 hours under time sleeping.

That adds up to 14 hours leaving us with 10 hours left to chart. There are three areas where I spend the least amount of time which is only and hour for each these areas which are before school, homework and eating.

That adds up to three hours and leaves us with 7 hours left. These last seven hours falls under down time.

Now what I mean by downtime is that there is not any specific activity assigned to that slot of time which means anything can be done in that time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Because of this the amount of down time I have in a day will vary depending on the day and then affects other task.

For example on a Wednesday school is reduced by one hour and that hour most likely would become down time.

This also happens on the weekends I don’t have school and because of that there is no before school time to chart this also applies to home work that adds up to 8 hours that would most likely get added to my down time.

Altogether it may seem like we waste most of the time of our day with meaningless activities but I time that you enjoy is not wasted time. But you should always remember to cherish the time that you have because you never know how much you will have left.

Audio editing

Storyboard

Editing

The Documentary

What I Learned

A problem that I had was that when I started to put the images for my video into the editor they were not fit to scale and you could not see the parts that I needed the part that were needed so I went to the video that we took notes on last week and wen to the part that explained how to fit to scale.