Editor Post-Production Journal

Summary

In this phase on our project we had to edit the film that we made in the first two production phases. For this phase we had to include such things as color correction and audio and visual transitions. This phase also acted as sort of a reflection time where we could determine what could have been done different to make the overall film better.

Test Edits

Edit one was simply putting the clips into the timeline to see if the film works and makes sense.

In the second edit I put some more effort into the audio transition and also put in a back and forth tension shot between each actor.

In my final edit I started to finalize and fine tune the film I slightly changed the back and forth shot and put in a cross dissolve for the fade to black at the end.

Editing software ScreenShots

Color Correction

Visual Transition

cross dissolve

Audio Transition

J-cut

How Could I Have Improved The Film

suggested changes:

one of the suggested changes was that in a few scenes a J-cut would help create the effect that was trying to be achieved in that scene

also they said that I should have tried doing ADR in other locations because there was a ambient noise in the background that was noticeable

other recommended changes

I felt that the best changes that could be made is to reshoot and get some of the shots at multiple angles also this would fix an editing problem I had because our camera guy and I could be seen in some shots so I had to edit around it

What I learned and Problems I Solved

The main thing that I learned in this phase of production was how to use the color correction tool as well as the J and L cuts. There was a small problem with editing because in a couple scenes there was a mirror that we were not aware of so some of our production crew ended up in some of the shots.